Notice of the 2022 Annual General Meeting
The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the TAMWORTH & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY (Trading as Tamworth Business Chamber and Tamworth Junior Chamber) ACN 000 482 093 will be held:
on: Wednesday, 23 November 2022
location: The Pavillion Function Centre, corner Back Kootingal & Nundle Road, Tamworth
- Minutes of the previous AGM held on Thursday 25 November 2021; business arising from the Minutes
- To receive and consider:
- The President's Report
- The Treasurer’s Report
- The Financial Statements
- The Auditor's Report
- To announce incoming and outgoing Directors on the Board of Directors
- General Business
- Conclude Meeting
INFORMATION RELEVANT TO THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AND CHAMBER ORGANISATION
- Business Members may submit items of business and notices of motion which they wish to have included in the business of the AGM. All such items of business and notices of motion must be in writing and received by the Secretary at least 21 days prior to the date fixed for the AGM, that date being 2 November 2022.
- Nominations for election to the Board close 2 November 2022 (21 days prior to the date fixed for the AGM) and Board Nominations must be delivered to the Secretary on or before that day. Board Nominations must be in writing in the form prescribed by the Board and signed by at least 2 Business Members. (Clause 17.1 & 17.2)
- Each candidate for election shall be entitled to provide a business profile. (Clause 17.5.5)
- Should an election be required, a list of the candidates' names in alphabetical order, with the proposers' and seconders' names, shall be posted on the Chamber's website in a conspicuous place for at least 14 days immediately preceding the AGM. (Clause 17.5.1)
- Balloting lists shall be prepared (if necessary) containing the names of the candidates only in alphabetical order. Each member eligible to vote shall be entitled to vote for any number of such candidates not exceeding the number of vacancies. (Clause 17.5.4)
- The Election Committee shall as soon as practicable issue by post, electronic means or otherwise to each Business Member whose Membership Fees for the current financial year of the Chamber is paid, 1 ballot paper (and candidate's information) initialled by the Presiding Officer, together with an envelope (if required) addressed to the Election Committee. (Clause17.5.6)
- In the case of an electronic ballot (or for those voting electronically), the Election Committee will provide a specific, confidential and secure email address to which completed electronic ballot papers can be sent and retained under the control of the Election Committee. (Clause17.5.8)
- The ballot shall close 12 midday 2 days preceding the day of the AGM (on 21 November 2022 at 12pm).
- The Election Committee, together with such other scrutineers as may be appointed by the Board shall thereupon proceed to count the votes and shall report the result to the President who shall (at the AGM) declare the candidates who have received the largest number of votes duly elected Directors. (Clause 17.1.2 and Clause 17.5.1)
For any inquiries or items of business for inclusion please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the chamber office on (02) 6766 4810.