We are New South Wales’ workplace health and safety regulator.
- advice on improving work health and safety
- provide licences and registration for potentially dangerous work
- investigate workplace incidents and enforce work health and safety laws in NSW
With more than a third of Australia's entire economic output coming from NSW, the work we do to make workplaces safe is very important.
We receive over 200,000 calls and 10,000 emails from customers each year.
We issue more than 200,000 licences, notifications, certificates and permits each year.
Most recently, our approach to injury prevention included:
- free advisory visits in workplaces
- workshops, presentations, expos and events
- workplace inspections
- financial support for education, training and development projects in workplace safety and injury management
- payments and rebates to NSW businesses and employers, employer associations, trade unions and not-for-profit training organisations (among others) to make workplaces safer
- partnering events in rural and remote communities to spread the safety message