The NSW Government has announced Fee and licence relief for a 12-month period. The NSW Government is waiving a range of licence and permit fees for businesses. For most licences, when you make a new application or need to renew you will not be charged.
"Up to 200,000 licence holders operating across the trades and construction sectors will not have to pay up to $50 million worth of licence fees."
The relief period is 12 months from-
- 1 April 2020, or
- 15 April 2020 as shown below.
Eligible fees and licences
Liquor and Gaming NSW
NSW Fair Trading
- Paintball venue permit
- Tattoo parlour operator licence
- Home building contractor licence (from 15 April 2020)
- Trade or specialist contractor licence (from 15 April 2020)
- Motor vehicle repairer specialist licence (from 15 April 2020)
- Pyrotechnician licence
- Registration permit of amusement device
- Asbestos removal licences and asbestos assessor licence (from 15 April 2020)
- Demolition licence (from 15 April 2020)
- High risk work licence (from 15 April 2020)