Since 1 July 2015, under a new Australian Government contract, Australian Business Apprenticeships Centre (a wholly owned division of NSW Business Chamber) is powering our new national brand, Apprenticeship Support Australia in NSW, Qld, and ACT. We have been supporting thousands of businesses and their apprentices and trainees since 1998. We offer employers holistic business-wide training advice and can assist in recommending suitable qualifications, advice on how to access Government funding for training, help with matching and recruitment of new staff, as well as ongoing coaching, mentoring and support of apprentices and trainees. Throughout our sixteen year history, we have successfully partnered with more than 80,000 businesses across NSW and ACT and signed up more than 450,000 apprentices and trainees.
Through innovation and leadership, we have created the online SkillsRoad's Jobs Board which is Australia's leading youth-centric jobs board, putting you in touch with over 45,000 Gen-Y Members looking for work and career advice. Post an ad for free and have the cream of the crop pitch themselves for your next role! Watch our video on “Who gave you your first job opportunity” - nhttps://youtu.be/rCUwgnKTaUE
The Programme is a new approach to the way government provides services to business. It recognises Australia’s diverse business landscape and that the market and industry is changing in the global economy.
With a national network of more than 100 experienced private sector advisors, the Entrepreneurs’ Programme offers support to businesses through three streams:
- Business Management
- Research Connections
- Accelerating Commercialisation
Practical support for businesses includes:
- Advice from people with relevant private sector experience
- Small co-contributions for re-engineering or growth opportunities for business
- Connection and collaboration opportunities.
Current program offerings are:
- Business Evaluations – an assessment conducted at a business’ premises, resulting in a detailed report and recommendations for the business to make improvements
- Business Growth Grants – small, co-funded grants to engage external expertise to assist businesses with implementing improvements recommended in a Business Evaluation.
Further information about these Programme offerings please visit www.business.gov.au or call 13 28 46.